Chef Meets BC Grape Okanagan Helicopter Tour Sponsored by Valhalla Helicopters
Terms and Conditions
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions, and agreed to be bound by them, when entering this Promotion.
Who may enter:
1. This prize draw (“Promotion”) is open to contestants 19+ years of age as of June 27, 2020.
2. Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter this Promotion.
How to enter:
3. To take part in this Promotion, entrants must purchase a ticket to the Chef Meets BC Grape Okanagan by May 30 2020 at 11:59PM.
4. Maximum of one entry per person.
5. The “entrant” is the person whose name is identified on the winning ticket.
Winner selection and notification:
6. There will be one winner for this Promotion.
7. The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the draw. The draw is scheduled to take place on May 31, 2020. The notification will be sent to the same email used to purchase the tickets (please note this may not be the same as the winner’s email address).
8. The winner will have the two choices of their prize (“Prize”): 1) The winner may choose a helicopter shuttle to and from the event site courtesy of Valhalla Helicopters. The helicopter shuttle will be to and from Valhalla Helicopters located at 1100 Stevens Rd in West Kelowna; 2) The winner may choose a 20 minute helicopter tour around the event site and surrounding area prior to the start of the event.
9. This Prize may be used for up to four (4) guests, inclusive of the winner. All guests using the Prize must have purchased tickets to the Chef Meets BC Grape Okanagan event and must be 19+ years of age on June 27, 2020.
10. To claim the Prize, the winner must respond by email or phone within 7 days of being notified. If the winner does not claim the Prize within the 7 days, they will be sent a follow up email and another winner may be re-drawn. The Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to an alternate winner.
11. This Prize is transferrable only to ticket holders of the Chef Meets BC Grape Okanagan event. If the winner wishes to transfer the Prize to another entrant, they must confirm this in writing by June 15, 2020.
12. The winner must provide names of all guests that will be using the Prize by June 15, 2020. If the guests change after this date it is up to the Promoter’s discretion whether to permit the changes.
13. Unless expressly stated within these terms and conditions, all other expenses relating to the Prize is the responsibility of the winner and their guest. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize excludes any costs for transport to the pick-up/drop off site, travel, accommodation, spending money, meals, travel documentation and insurance, other than specified.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prizes (or any part of the Prize) for a Prize or Prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the Prizes (or any part of the Prizes) and unless the Promoter agrees otherwise in writing the Prize is nonrefundable and non-transferable.
15. Third party terms and conditions apply to parts of the Prizes where applicable.
16. There are certain things for which the Promoter does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next three paragraphs. The law does not allow the Promoter to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. The Promoter accepts full liability for these matters and all matters for which it cannot, under Canadian law, exclude or limit its liability. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described below will apply. References to the “Promoter” include all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
17. Subject to the above paragraph, the Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) acts, omissions and occurrences beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, including but not limited to:
a) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion;
b) any changes to Prizes or the way in which they can be used;
c) damage, loss, injury suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting any Prize;
d) problems with the allotment or dispatch of Prizes (such as Prizes failing to reach the intended recipient); and
e) any act, omission or default of any third party supplier.
18. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
19. If this Promotion is unable to run as planned due to computer virus, network/technical/communications failure, tampering or any cause beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries (subject to any written directions given under applicable law). Entries must not be made through agents or third parties or any automated entry software or any other means which allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly.
20. Please note that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with EzTix. By entering, you acknowledge that EzTix bears no responsibility for this Promotion and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release EzTix from any liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
22. The Promoter will use the winner’s personal details for the purpose of administering this Promotion, including Prize fulfilment and announcing winners.
24. The winner agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration. The winner may be required to take part in reasonable publicity and PR activity at the Promoter’s request.
25. The winner and their guest(s) may be required for promotional activity e.g. photographs to be taken and are required to make themselves available without charge for publicity purposes and agree to publication of his/her name. It is a condition of a guest attending the Prize that they provide the same consent.
26. The Promoter is Okanagan Wine Festivals Society, 1148 Goldfinch Road Kelowna BC, V1W 5M1